I am curious how hard of an issue it would be to go from my custom coded blog (www.tyleringram.com) to wordpress based blog.
Reasons for going to wordpress:
1. Writing WP versions of my scripts would be easier since I would be using it more often
2. RPC-XML support so I can do things easier like Trackbacks/Pingbacks/Remote Posting/
3. Larger support for plugins to add more functionality to a blog.
Reasons why I like my custom blog:
1. I coded it
2. Handling of security issues is much easier
3. People think its cool I coded the entire thing.
Anyway what I am wondering is, would it be possible to import my data into the WP tables without too much difficulty? The photos/images etc I use are hyperlinks on the full URL.
Think the only thing that might not go well would be categories and comments.
I am contemplating just starting from scratch (blog is just over a year old). And then using a 301 redirect to any posts that google cannot find in hoping to save grace with the PR of the blog and any weird issues I might get with having various search entries lead to 404s.
Not sure if this is in the proper forum, so please move it if needed. Thanks!
- The topic ‘Moving to WordPress from Custom Blog’ is closed to new replies.