Support » Plugin: Chatbot with IBM Watson » “moving to watson.cloud.ibm.com”

  • Resolved AlwaysEnthusiast

    (@alwaysenthusiast)


    I just got an email from IBM:

    URGENT ACTION REQUIRED: watsonplatform.net endpoint change

    We will soon be retiring the watsonplatform.net endpoint and moving to watson.cloud.ibm.com. Your action is required to ensure uninterrupted service. If you do not make this change by February 12, 2021, calls to watsonplatform.net will fail.

    Update your code to use the updated URL for all your Watson instances. The pattern for the new URLs is api.{location}.{offering}.watson.cloud.ibm.com

    For details on how to find and update the URL, see “Update endpoint URLs from watsonplatform.net” here:
    https://cloud.ibm.com/docs/watson?topic=watson-endpoint-change

    Will this result in an update of the plugin where we need to made some changes to the link between this plugin and the IBM Watson service?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Support intelahelp

    (@intelahelp)

    Hello @alwaysenthusiast

    In order to update the URL, you don’t need to update the plugin. URL updating doesn’t cause any problems in the plugin operation. Many users are already successfully using new URLs.

    To update the endpoint URL, follow the steps listed here and replace your Assistant’s credentials in the plugin settings with the new ones.

    If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to ask them.

    Thread Starter AlwaysEnthusiast

    (@alwaysenthusiast)

    I tried this. It was easy to create new credentials on IBMs site. However, when entering them into the Watson WP Plugin it says:

    {
        "code": 404,
        "error": "Not Found"
    }

    I have checked carefully and I am sure I enter the new credentials correctly. The consequence is that the chat boot is now inoperable πŸ™

    I would appreciate a quick solution.

    Thread Starter AlwaysEnthusiast

    (@alwaysenthusiast)

    I did find the problem. I marked the credentials with my mouse (ensuring I marked everything) and pressed Ctrl+C to copy the information to the clipboard. However, to the right of this information was a symbol for copying the information to the clipboard. Using that symbol resolved the problem. Hence, the symbol provided by IBM and Ctrl+C seem to work differently in this specific context. Everything works fine again πŸ™‚

    Plugin Support intelahelp

    (@intelahelp)

    Hello @alwaysenthusiast

    We are glad that everything works for you now.
    Thank you for letting us know.
    Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.