Where do I need to look to fix this problem? I am unable to login to the admin on the old site and I am unable to see the blog on the new site.
Here’s what I did:
1. backup of database using the instructions here:
2. Copied all files for the blog and moved them to the new server.
3. imported all files to the new database using the same login info shown in the wp-config file.
4. Seen the 500 internal server error at my temporary link (link used while switching servers) ie: http://xxx.xxxx.com/~username/blog
5. Read in these instructions http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress
to activate, to login to the blog and change the url for the blog. Did that by changing to http://xxx.xxxx.com/~username/blog and instantly got a 500 internal server error there.
6. Read in these instructions to
It should be possible to fix the site URL using a new feature –
Add these two lines to your wp-config.php, where “example.com” is the NEW location of your site.
That should be it. If it worked, stop reading this page now.
Did that, and still getting the 500 internal server error.
Changed it back to the old link, and still no luck.
Where do I go now?
- The topic ‘Moving to new server and now getting a 500 internal error’ is closed to new replies.