I have just moved my wordpress site.
I have followed these instructions from GoDaddy:
Which basically said do this:
1. download an existing copy of entire site.
2. Installed a new wordpress site on GoDaddy server.
3. Obtained mew connection string details (for user, password and host) and amended wp config file.
4. Used FTP to transfer over the copied files of my wordpress site to goDaddy server.
Reading some other documentation – I notice that I should perhaps also change these settings too:
WordPress address (URI): and Site address (URL) – i.e. to the new location address?
I have not done this, so not sure what to do now.
Is there a script I should run in MySQL to amend my old address to the new address?
- The topic ‘moving to a new host and new domain name’ is closed to new replies.