I’ve been running MU for a year and half, and recently upgraded to the integrated WP3. I’ve just hit the problem of not being able to move a blog from a temporary location as a subdomain, to its permanent top level domain location. Here’s what I used to be able to do (all links included below are made up for example purposes, none are real domains that I run):
1) create and develop here: dev.mydomain.com/tools
2) when it’s done and ready, create new/empty site at permanent domain (toolsdomain.com) in same MU system,
3) move blog from dev location by using the Assign Blogs link on (what is now) the Super Admin > Sites (bottom one) page
4) your new domain has 2 blogs now, delete the newest empty one, keeping only the one moved from dev.
Since upgrading to WP3.0.1 it seems this function is broken. Now, if I click on Assign Blogs I go here:
With this very simple message: “Invalid blog.”
Can someone help me out with this? Is there still a way to do this and I am just missing it?
I’ve spent all day searching forums and codex. I read slow, and maybe my search terms are lacking, but I can’t find anything about this. I apologize if this has already been covered and I just didn’t see it. I would really appreciate a link to more info if that’s the case.
Thanks very much for taking the time to read. Any help offered will be very much appreciated.
- The topic ‘Moving blog from subdomain to it's own top level domain’ is closed to new replies.