PURPOSE: to make a complete copy of the site on the test server. Then upgrade from v3.3 to v.3.9.1. I expect the theme WILL BREAK during the upgrade according to the research. Therefore the plan is to revert to TwentyEleven, update WP and then see if the client theme will work with v3.9.1.
Current WordPress site
– WP v3.3
All files backuped
Database exported using phpMyAdmin
Moving to Test Server
– Created Database (same name, except for mandatory prefix)
– Created DBUser (same name, except for mandatory prefix)
– imported database
– edit DataBase “wp_options” table changed “siteurl” to new test server url [option id 1]
– edit DataBase “wp_options” table changed ‘home’ to new test server [option id 37]
UPDATED “WP-CONFIG.PHP” FILE
Changed two lines
no need to change the DB_PASSWORD as it was set the same.
Login screen looks fine for both admin and user login, however after logging in only the menu appears on the left of the dashboard and nothing of a dashboard or any response to any menu click (see image http://screencast.com/t/zV46GBz8pWZw)
NOTE: EVERY ATTEMPT BELOW STARTED WITH THE ABOVE STEPS REPEATED SO AS TO TRULY ISOLATE.
– Change Theme in SQL via http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/wordpress/change-theme-in-db FAILED
– Removed ALL Plugins not part of original v3.3 FAILED
– Got WP v3.3 from archive on WP.org & uploaded those FAILED
– Did a WordSearch in the SQL Backup file for
and changed all 700+ instances to “picturebakery.socalcreations.net”
Then Imported FAILED
ALL FAILS RESULT IN THE SAME (see image http://screencast.com/t/zV46GBz8pWZw)
I am sort of out of ideas and research, so any one here with a couple of years of transferring site under them have any ideas?
- The topic ‘Moving and older site to a test – blank dashboard’ is closed to new replies.