I am tired of trying to make my development site work in InstantWP. I know there is nothing wrong with the software, it’s just I am not making it right.
Please read this :
1. I have downloaded from my live site :
a. wp-content folder
b. .sql file of the correct database.
c. Exported posts from the wp dashboard.
2. I have installed a fresh of copy of InstantWp in a folder named E:/wp-wordpress.
What should I do now?
I tried with:
1. Replacing the wp-content of site data with InstantWP wp-content folder.
2. .. what to mention .. i have tried a lot. but I might be doing it wrong.
When I make changes I know, the browser opens with the url : http://127.0.0.1/wordpress/
but all white. It doesn’t show up the site.
Can someone please enlist what steps do I need to take?
I just want that my Local site work similarly as my live site.
Is it something with the ports?
Sometimes it shows : 127.0.0:4001 and somethime 127.0.0.1:8081/wordpress
Thanks in advance.
- The topic ‘Moving a live site to InstantWp for development purposes.’ is closed to new replies.