I originally had my wordpress blog (v3.0.1) installed on http://www.thecuriosity.com/blog and just had a link to it on my main page.
I was going to use the main page for something else, but never got around to it, so rather than just leaving a image and link to the blog, I wanted to have http://www.thecuriosity.com go directly to my blog, but keep my blog files in the subdirectory.
So on Aug 27, I followed the directions found on this page: http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory
except the only different was that my files were already in the subdirectory, but other than that, I followed them to the Tee and doublechecked my steps.
It has been a few days and while I can see that the googlebot is still going over my site (most recently a few hours ago), it is no longer picking up anything new for web search nor blog search.
I've been searching for sites discussing similar issues (via Google and here), but haven't found any (possibly not using the right search terms :( )
One of the sites it crawled was http://www.thecuriosity.com/blog/feed/atom/ I don't know what this is, but the link to my site it notes (http://www.thecuriosity.com/wp-atom.php) goes to a 404 page.. does this mean anything? Here is what it says:
'<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><feed
<title type="text">The Curiosity Blog » Page not found</title>
<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="http://www.thecuriosity.com" />
<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="http://www.thecuriosity.com/blog/feed/atom/" />
<generator uri="http://wordpress.org/" version="3.0.1">WordPress</generator>
I have all the ping services set up and have done a manual ping (as some sites suggested), too.
Is there something I am missing that I should have done or done differently than the instructions I followed in the link? Is there something in my code that is now preventing google from seeing my new posts? Or is the mere fact that I changed the main page (but not the addresses for the articles) a temporary stop of new blogs being picked up?
Any help or direction to where I can find help on this issue will be greatly appreciated. I apoligize if this isn't the correct place to ask. I didn't know if I should be asking in the Google help forums or in the WordPress help forums, though because google was picking up my posts before the change, I figured here would be the place to start.
http://www.thecuriosity.com (was http://www.thecuriosity.com/blog - but main files still there, just index.php and htaccess copied over and htaccess modified as per instructions.)
Wordpress version: 3.0.1
Add RSS 1.5
After The Deadline 0.49007
All in One SEO Pack 22.214.171.124
Broken Link Checker 0.9.5
External Links 4.0.6
Flash Video Player 5.0.4
Google Analytics for WordPress 4.0.9
Permalinks Moved Permanently 1.3
Quick Adsense 1.0
Hello Dolly 1.5.1 (not active)
SimpleScripts Footer 1.0 (not active)
During this last few days I had pictpoket temporarily, but removed it as it caused my images not to show. After removing it, I had to go back into the htaccess files to remove the information that it placed in there as well prior to images comming back. (Not sure if relevant.)