So I've moved a WP site from a development server to a live server using the following method:
- copy all plugins, media uploads and theme folder
- make sql dump of new database via phpMyAdmin
- do find/replace to update all instances of old site name
- drop all tables on the live database
- import sql dump of new database
- activate new theme
Following this method, everything looks good; the site loads as it should, everything looks hunky-dory.
However, I'm using the More Fields plugin to add some extra fields/meta boxes so that each page can have a different image in the header for example.
When I try to insert the output from one of these meta boxes, it just displays the image id, rather than the full image url. Here's the code in my page.php:
<img src="<?php $values = get_post_custom_values("panelimage"); echo $values; ?>" width="1038" height="337">
On the development server this outputs something like the following:
<img width="1038" height="337" src="http://dev.example.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/image.jpg">
But now I just get this:
<img width="1038" height="337" src="501">