[Resolved] Moved site from MAMP to VPS – htaccess problems
Hey forum – I’m a WordPress newbie, and love it so far. Just built a site using the Roots theme, and went to deploy it to a new Digital Ocean VPS last night, and am having major htaccess (I think) problems.
What I did:
1) Setup Ubuntu 12.04 LTS VPS at Digital Ocean
2) Setup/Installed LAMP
3) Configured Apache all created a new Mysql database
4) Copied my WordPress folder contents to the new public HTML directory on the VPS
5) Edited the wp-config.php file and corrected database user name, path, etc.
6) Exported my current database as an SQL file.
7) Opened it up in a text editor and did a find and replace, changing http://localhost:8080/wordpress to http://www.mysite.com
8) Imported the database into the new clean database on the server
9) Accessed my site – it came up, but it has lost all formatting. It’s like it can’t see the CSS files or the media folder
10) Cleared the .htaccess and opened permalinks to reset. Changed themes to the 2012 theme, and then back to my theme so it would rewrite .htaccess. Same problem.
11) Grabbed the .htaccess from my MAMP install and copied it to the VPS. That crashes the entire site (even WP-Admin).
ARGH…I don’t know what to do. It’s not able to see any of the sub pages, and the custom home page has lost all formatting. If I view source on the home page, it’s trying to get the CSS files from the right spot.
Any help appreciated!
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Moved site from MAMP to VPS – htaccess problems’ is closed to new replies.