Everything is working fine except my main blog page results in a 404. The blog posts and main blog page are to be at mydomain.com/news/
Prior to move:
– static site at mydomain.com
– WordPress blog at mydomain.com/news/
– created new WordPress blog at mydomain.com/test/
– export from mydomain.com/news/
– import result to mydomain.com/test/ (used WordPress Importer plugin)
– create all static pages from mydomain.com in mydomain.com/test/ as pages
– move files from mydomain.com/test/ to mydomain.com
– renamed /news/ subdirectory to /newsOLD/
– set permalink structure to /news/%postname% ( I want the blog part to continue to be at /news/ )
– all pages and posts work and display correctly
– posts are correctly at mydomain.com/news/postname
– post categories are correctly at mydomain.com/news/categoryname
– however, going to mydomain.com/news/ (where main blog page should be) results in 404 page
– I have the proper WordPress index.php in the root.
– I have redirects in my htaccess to point the old static pages to the new WordPress pages but even with just the default WordPress htaccess the 404 occurs.
– Site URL and WordPress URL in General Settings is mydomain.com
– I checked the options table in the database and initially site_url was still set to mydomain.com/test/ but changing this had no effect
– I’m not using any caching or redirect plugins
Am I misunderstanding something here? Am I forgetting something? This should work, no?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
- The topic ‘Moved blog, now 404 only on main blog page’ is closed to new replies.