Everything is working fine except my main blog page results in a 404. The blog posts and main blog page are to be at mydomain.com/news/
Prior to move:
- static site at mydomain.com
- WordPress blog at mydomain.com/news/
- created new WordPress blog at mydomain.com/test/
- export from mydomain.com/news/
- import result to mydomain.com/test/ (used WordPress Importer plugin)
- create all static pages from mydomain.com in mydomain.com/test/ as pages
- move files from mydomain.com/test/ to mydomain.com
- renamed /news/ subdirectory to /newsOLD/
- set permalink structure to /news/%postname% ( I want the blog part to continue to be at /news/ )
- all pages and posts work and display correctly
- posts are correctly at mydomain.com/news/postname
- post categories are correctly at mydomain.com/news/categoryname
- however, going to mydomain.com/news/ (where main blog page should be) results in 404 page
- I have the proper WordPress index.php in the root.
- I have redirects in my htaccess to point the old static pages to the new WordPress pages but even with just the default WordPress htaccess the 404 occurs.
- Site URL and WordPress URL in General Settings is mydomain.com
- I checked the options table in the database and initially site_url was still set to mydomain.com/test/ but changing this had no effect
- I'm not using any caching or redirect plugins
Am I misunderstanding something here? Am I forgetting something? This should work, no?
Thanks in advance for any insight.