move wp, same domain new host
Iam sorry but this wp help site does not provide a solution for me.
It says: If you are changing to a new server but same domain, all you need to do is edit wp-config.php with your new database/user information and upload everything as it is to your new server.
situation: I will move WP blog from HG to GD. Tha domain will stay the same, provided by GD.
Ok, please help me with few questions, as I am a real fresher.
1) do I need to instal WP on my new server? Or uploading database is enough?
2) I made a general full backup from HG. Is that ok? Or do I need to make some partial backup? like mysql base?
3) Where exactly should I upload the database at GD? Do I need to make a new one or new folder?
4) I thought maybe I should install new WP account on my new server at GD and than make changes in wp-confih.php. change data base name, data base username and data base password and database host to old ones from HG. But I guess this is not enough to move a blog with content?
Thank you in advance,
- The topic ‘move wp, same domain new host’ is closed to new replies.