I am trying to move http://www.martiallawusa.com to my host. I had the previous owner send me the SQL and a GZIP of the entire folder in his cpanel.
1. When he pushed me the domain I added my nameservers (4 nameservers now) about 14 hours ago.
2. Then I uploaded the GZIP via FTP to my host after creating an addon domain.
3. Then I created a new database in my cpanel. Then I imported the SQL via phpmyAdmin in my cpanel.
4. Then I went into the wp-config file and changed the DB name, DB user, password.
As you can see the site only pulls up the main page but when you click on something it says, “Error establishing a database connection” and this is for even the back-end login (wp-login)
Should I take away the old nameservers and see what happens?
thanks so much!
- The topic ‘Move to a new host problem’ is closed to new replies.