Support » Installing WordPress » More of that wp config help, please!

  • Here’s my stuff:
    // ** MySQL settings ** //
    define('DB_NAME', 'opheliac_wordpress'); // The name of the database
    define('DB_USER', 'opheliac_wordpress'); // Your MySQL username
    define('DB_PASSWORD', '*****'); // ...and password
    define('DB_HOST', '66.227.22.238'); // 99% chance you won't need to change this value
    // Change the prefix if you want to have multiple blogs in a single database.
    $table_prefix = 'opheliac_'; // example: 'wp_' or 'b2' or 'mylogin_'

    I’ve tried changing the table prefix (left as it was, and also opheliac_wordpress), the DB host (tried: NS2.LIMITEDWEBGROUP.COM), etc but I’m getting this:
    http://www.opheliac9.com/wp-admin/install.php
    “Error establishing a database connection! This probably means that the connection information in youn wp-config.php file is incorrect. Double check it and try again.
    Are you sure you have the correct user/password?
    Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
    Are you sure that the database server is running? “
    I currently have my old index.php redirected, but the blog will be at
    http://www.opheliac9.com
    My head is foggy, so I’m likely leaving out something you need to know… any help would be REALLY appreciated!!! 😀
    -Hannah

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Try entering ‘localhost’ as the DB_HOST entry.

    Yup, I did try that. It gave me the same error (should have mentioned that, duh!), so I tried the other things. Any other ideas???
    -H

    There is so little that can go wrong.
    Of note is the fact that the database name, and the database username and password are set by your service provider, and I find it strange that it should have ‘wordpress’ as part of it, unless you wanted it that way. Check those again, and you will be home. 🙂

    I set up new a new DB, account, etc. I’ll try it with the default account info…
    -H

    Okay… I feel like a moron… when I set up the wordpress database, I didn’t see that it only would accept a database name with so many characters… after I changed the config info to “opheliac_wordpre”, it still didn’t work, but then I swapped in localhost for the DB host… and viola!
    *shakes head*
    Sorry to trouble you all with this… and thanks SO much for your help…!
    *mumbles* Duh… duh… duh…
    -H

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.