I noticed this since quite a while. The out of the box calendar view is mildly speaking quite unattractive.
I recommend that under the formatting options you extend the following:
1) Default: A real full width option (100%) for the full calendar shortcode-code
2) Default: same width for all date cells
3) Default: not wasting pre-space using bullets for each day's event, rather doing a vertical separator or spacer (--- or just a gap)
4) Default: next/previous links should be configurable to use text or alternativly user shall be able to enter free symbol field, e.g. using
⇐ set or the current out of the box ones
5) Can the calendar widgets please have the option to hide themselves when the corresponding BUG version of its representation is currently being displayed? I added the caledar widget and on a caelndar shortcoded page with the side bar displayed, the calendar widget shows as well. Similar, if I am in events list with sidebar, I do not need to list events there as well. Simple checkbox to exclude page/post IDs or auto detect (if possible)
Many thanks for this wonderful plug-in!