modifying Tarski to look like K2
For a long time I’ve been using the K2 theme because I love it’s simple, clean looks. Unfortunately it’s development died a long time ago already. I figured that it’s not sustainable to keep using K2 if it’s not updated for newer WordPress releases. I’ve decided to use the Tarski theme to replace K2. The problem is, Tarski has quite a different look from K2, so I’ve decided to make an alternate style for Tarski to mimic the look of K2. Unfortunately this isn’t easy with my limited CSS-skills and I’d appreciate some help.
My first start was finding a way to get the blog title text placed in the header image. I found this topic on the forums here which gives some advice. I modified it slightly for my purposes, it works but more modifications are necessary. I’ve got the following code for the alternate style now:
So what is still needed:
- I got the blog title text moved to the hover over the header image, but there is still space reserved for the blog title text just below the header image, how is that blank space removed?
- I need some shadow for the white text to be easily readable on every kind of header image, but the CSS doesn’t work, code is commented out.
- Text doesn’t become bold with the code which is commented out
- I need some blank space above the header image
- Text just below the title needs the modifications as well
By the way, is it just me, or is the style.css file for Tarski very badly readable? It’s just a dump of code without any comments telling me what the code does; unlike the alternate styles which are shipped with the release, they do have some elementary layout and brief comments to tell what the code is for. I wanted to ask this in Tarski’s own forums, but those are still down.
When this alternate style is finished I will advertise it on my blog and try to get it included in upstream Tarski so that others will be able to enjoy it as well.
- The topic ‘modifying Tarski to look like K2’ is closed to new replies.