Missing Dashboard Options and Insufficient Privileges
I’m at a total loss here as to what to do. Really frustrating, and been having this problem for quite some time, in one area or another. It first started with upgrades from 1.5 to 2. After the upgrade, the dashboard options were missing and clicking any of the few available links generates an error, “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”
I found that when this happens after the upgrade, most often I can just remove the cache and things go back to working again. This is not so with my latest problem.
I’m running 40 or so blogs on an IIS 6 server with php v5.0.4 and mySQL 4.1.14. I decided to move my hosting over to a linux server (bluehost) and have done so; they’re using the same php and mySQL as myself.
I’ve uploaded my wordpress folders from my own local server to bluehost, using phpadmin to backup and restore each database. Some of these work, others don’t, giving me the above problem. From what I can tell, the databases that work only have one admin account. Those that do not work have two admin accounts.
Here’s what I’ve tried in resolving the problem, each with a fresh install and a fresh database restore:
1. Downloading a fresh copy of WordPress, both in zip and in tar.gz. Upping a copy of each, I’ve tried restoring the database – nothing doing.
2. Removing all plugins, despite their being inactive.
3. Clearing out the permalinks and active plugings tables before backup and restore.
4. Using the same WP2 folder, installing a fresh copy of WP into prefix2_ (which works) and then switching back the wp-config.php to prefix1_.
5. All possible combinatons of clearing the cache, upgrading, logging out etc.
6. Removing the extra admin accounts – either of them.
7. Removing the extra admin accounts before backup, restoring with only the one.
I really, really need some help here. Totally willing to give someone access to whatever they need to help me figure this out.
- The topic ‘Missing Dashboard Options and Insufficient Privileges’ is closed to new replies.