I upgraded my blog from 2.2 to 2.6 and the categories disappeared. I did some research and according to http://wordpress.org/support/topic/189557?replies=14 I need to either hack my db or try upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3 first and then from 2.3 to 2.6.
So, I’ve been trying to upgrade a test version of my blog (restored from backup) from 2.2 to 2.3. But I can’t even restore the backed up version of my blog back to 2.2. Here is what I’m doing:
1) modified the sql file that my db backup made to change the table prefix (i.e., wp_) to something different (so that I can try restoring my blog to a new URL so that I don’t disturb the current blog) and then ran the sql file to restore the db backup, to a whole new set of tables
2) downloaded the version 2.2 gzip file and copied the files into the new, test URL. Then restored the .htaccess, wp-config.php and wp-content/ from my backup to the new URL.
3) modified wp-config.php to use the new table prefix
4) followed the instructions on http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL to change the siteurl and home options in my wp_options table to point at the new URL
5) deleted all of the relevant cookies, saved passwords and my browser cache (Firefox 3.0).
6) viewed the new, test version of my blog in my browser – looks just fine
BUT, when I try to login, I get a
You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page. error message after
Anyone have an idea how to fix this or a better way to fix the missing categories in my 2.6 blog instead of hacking the db or trying to upgrade to 2.3 and then 2.6?
- The topic ‘Missing categories after upgrading from 2.2 to 2.6’ is closed to new replies.