Support » Plugin: Tutor LMS - eLearning and online course solution » Misplaced _e() functions prevents some translations

  • Hi again! Great plugin!

    I found a number of misplaced _e() functions. I noticed this when I couldn’t translate the string “You have been enrolled on [DATE]”.

    If I execute: $ grep -R _e /var/www/wplab.ohr.se/web/wp-content/plugins/tutor | grep sprintf
    There are 21 matching lines in the source, and all of those would have translation problems. They will not show up in the .pot file.

    Example: _e(sprintf("You have been enrolled on %s.", "<span>". date(get_option('date_format'), strtotime($enrolled->post_date) )."</span>" ), 'tutor');
    We don´t want to translate this text for every possible date… 😉

    Somewhat unrelated, but I also noticed that when I make my own .pot with “wp i18n make-pot” from the latest source it contains some entries which are missing in /wp-content/plugins/tutor/languages/tutor.pot

    Best regards,
    Walter

    PS. I might have more comments like this. If you want me to redirect them to a more suitable place, tell me. Otherwise I post here. Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Misplaced _e() functions prevents some translations’ is closed to new replies.