Migrating WP Install to Other Domain
UPDATE: I have fixed the URL page, post, image problem — my current issue is: there is something wrong with the WP installs style sheet, or style output. No matter what theme I upload and install (including the default theme), it still appears as a style-less webpage. Please visit http://www.forwardm.com for an example.
I will explain how I moved the WP install, incase this helps figure out the problem.
- I installed the plugin Snapshot Backup, which supposedly copied the entire WP install.
- I copied the backup and placed it onto the new domain/folder: http://www.fowardm.com
- After the transfer was complete, I checked http://www.fowardm.com and everything appears normal.
- Upon further investigation, I realized that any link on the website automatically took me back to the forwardm.ws/fm domain, instead of the CORRECT domain of http://www.forwardm.com
- Once I logged in, I went into the WordPress settings and changed the URL of the website under General settings to http://www.forwardm.com — the CORRECT domain — however, this only fixed the login address and admin control panel.
Is there a practical way to change all the URLs of the content to the new domain without losing any data? Is this a mySQL issue or WordPress? And by issue, I mean MY issue REGARDING either mySQL or WordPress.
Thank you in advance for your support.
I apologize in advance, but here’s an update:
I have figured out how to fix all of the URLs of the pages, however, now none of the themes are displaying correctly– even the default theme is not displaying correctly. It appears as if there is NO styling being outputted to the browser.
Any possible explanation for this?
- The topic ‘Migrating WP Install to Other Domain’ is closed to new replies.