I found somewhere the following migration steps:
1. wp-db-backup backup of database - DONE
2. set up wordpress on your NEW host
3. copy wp-content, wp-admin, wp-includes to new host
4. open database backup file (step 1), search and replace your old blog url with your new one. Also, if needed, search and replace your old admin email address with a new one.
5. launch phpadmin on your NEW host. Drop all wp tables. Go to import and load the database file.
7. test access to the blog
So far, all steps worked well without errors.
When testing the URL in step 7, there was a WordPress form asking for admin details (name and password), name of the site and after that, the plain wordpress homepage opened, no database entry from my previous site.
Did I do something wrong or missed any migration step?