I’m using Download Monitor v3, and I’ve just discovered there’s a new, rewritten version of it.
I’ve tried to migrate using the Legacy Importer, but I’ve stumbled upon a couple of issues.
The most important are:
* The links are different now. While the old links looked like:
the best I could achieve with v1 is:
which would break all old links.
* The old version redirected to the physical location of the file with a 302 redirection. v1 uses PHP to fetch the file, which is less preferable for me because of performance, and because PHP can’t support downloads as good as the hosting can (Allowing to continue downloads etc.).
These are blocker issues for me, which prevent from me to upgrade.
I hope the issues could be addressed in future versions.
Thanks for the plugin,
- The topic ‘Migrating from Download Monitor v3’ is closed to new replies.