Support » Plugin: Slider, Gallery, and Carousel by MetaSlider - Responsive WordPress Plugin » MetaSlider not saving changes
Thanks for reporting this @mikenmairilee
Please update to 3.27.11 which is the latest version and should solve this.
I updated to 3.27.11 earlier today expecting it to fix the issue, it did not.
Can you be specific about what is not saving, please?
The other people who reported this have said that 3.27.11 solves it for them.
For example we have an existing slideshow with two slides and if I save it without making a change it now displays as only one static slide instead of two and doesn’t display navigation next/prev arrows. If I add a slide or add a caption or add a URL, any edit whatsoever and click save the result is as above.
We’re need more specific details to debug this please.
– I presume you’re using only the Free version of MetaSlider 3.27.11, and on WordPress 6.0.2 and on at least PHP 5.6?
– What type of slide? Flexsider?
– Does this happen with more than one slideshow?
– Do you have a test site?
– Yes, we’re using Free version of MetaSlider 3.27.11, and on WordPress 6.0.2 and on PHP 7.4.30.
– The slideshow is on Flexslider however, same result if using R. Slides, Nivo Slider or Coin Slider.
– Happens with all slideshows
– We don’t have a test/staging site.
@matthieulllrc, can you please try this pre-release version to see if it solves the issue for you? https://app.box.com/s/ohaatmao4ak7hd9patzpugdnw7qh6biu
No change. Also, not sure if it means anything, but when I go to the “Settings & Help” section of the plugin the first tab “Slideshow Defaults” & “Global Settings” shows as blank.
Thanks @pccweb. Something very odd is happening with your installing:
You might need to try:
– Checking your site’s error log for any messages.
– Reinstalling an earlier version of the plugin.
– Deleting and re-installing the plugin. You won’t lose the slideshows.
I’m going to mark this as resolved as we haven’t heard from you in a while.
Feel free to follow up if you have any other questions.
No errors in website error log related to MetaSlider since September 2020. Tried deleting and reinstalling. Tried reinstalling several earlier versions of the plugin. Still not resolved.
If you have tried earlier versions and they don’t work, then you’re probably looking at a plugin conflict or something strange happening on your server.
To fix a plugin conflict, try disabling other plugins one-by-one on a test version of the site.
To look for a server issue, start by testing on a 2nd site on a different server. Can you see the same issue?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.