I have noticed an issue with menus not working properly. I am unable to rearrange menus. Has anyone else experienced this? I grab a menu and a it makes a gray box go down the page, has anyone else experienced this issue.?
I do find it unrealistic for me to disable all of my plugins, this is a functioning site. But i do not use any weird plugins. Pretty basic.
Commercial theme yes, posted in their forums as well. Happening when I install theme to default theme, yes as well.
Not sure if the recent update messed with this.
[Moderator Note: Please ensure that you are embedding links correctly in your posts.]
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.
As a temporary workaround until WordPress fixes this issue you can add new pages with the following steps:
- Add page like normal (from the options on the left sidebar pages/categories etc…), page will appear at bottom of menu.
- Save the menu (with page at the bottom still)
- When the menu saves/page refreshes, scroll to the bottom where the new menu item is located, use the top-right dropdown arrow to reveal the extra options, use the links such as ‘up one, down one, to top’ to move the menu items.
This is a really terrible way to manage the menu (especially a large one) but it’s working in the meantime. The key is to save the menu before you try to use the links to move it around – they only work on saved menu items, not news ones added to the menu without a save.
You can also manage the position of existing pages using those links.
- The topic ‘Menus not working’ is closed to new replies.