Menus not switching
Thanks for the great plugin.
My only trouble is with the menu. The site is supposed to be in 3 languages – now there are just two (English and Polish). The default language is English.
Now, I have placed menu items in English in the top navigation bar, and I have put flags at the end of navigation items. However, if I choose the Polish flag, it is only the post/page content that gets translated – the menu stays in the English language, which means that if I want to go to the blog section – for example – it takes me to the blog in English, and then I need to click on the flag again to see it in Polish.
I have tried using the menus option that is included in the plugin options, but if I assign different menus to different languages, then I can see double menu in the bar – first, menu items in English, followed by menu items in Polish, followed by names of languages (don’t know why), followed by flags – and this looks terrible, so there must be something I have done wrong.
What can I do to make it work properly – with a menu adjusting to the contents, and only one language version menu being displayed at a time?
I will be grateful for suggestions:)
The site is http://www.nebium.net
I’m answering myself – in case someone has the same problem.
I had to disable the menu options that are presented with my theme (Suffusion) – after disabling the theme options and enabling only the polylang options, menus switch ok.
The only thing I’ve lost this way is the ability to show a different post title in the menu buttons (in my theme options, I could do it – e.g. in case of the whole post title ‘upcoming events’, I could show just one word ‘events’ in the menu bar. Maybe that’s something the polylang team could include in the plugin in the fiuture.
Happy New Year!
- The topic ‘Menus not switching’ is closed to new replies.