Menu tabs not saving in proper locations(e.g. as drop down tabs)
The menu tabs are not saving in the proper locations when i drag and drop them into the area to save as sub menus (Events>
When I try to save them, they go back to being “main” menu “options” insted of drop down options. I am new to wordpress but our churches site is almost complete and this is holding me back from completing the design process. SOMEONE please help. We are using the RISEN theme for this as well. I believe the coding from the theme is somehow effecting this but i am not the greatest with coding and dont want to ruin it more. Thanks for your help.
WP will allow you to create menus.
To create a menu execute the following steps:
1. open the dashboard >appearance > menus
2. create a menu e.g. ‘mainMenu’ by typing this in de ‘menu name’-field.
3. On the left you’ll find a list of pages of your site.
> click the ‘view all’-tab to see all available pages
4. Tick all boxes of the pages you wish to show in your menu or as submenu-items
5. click the ‘add to menu’-button.
Alle chosen pages will be listed.
6. Drag and drop the menu-items into the correct positions
7. To create submenu-items, drag the item slightly to the right and drop. you’ll see an ‘indented dotted line box’, to indicate it’s position.
8. click ‘save menu’-button to the right.
9. At the top-left with the header ‘theme locations’
‘Main navigation menu’ click the pulldown arrow,> choose ‘mainMenu’.
10. click ‘save’-button.
You should now have the menu you were looking for.
== == ==
Some themes have more than one menu;
Second menus are sometimes placed at the bottom of the page, or in the footer.
To create a next menu, push the ‘+tab’ at the top.
11. create a second menu e.g. ‘secondMenu’ by typing this in de ‘menu name’-field.
12. Repeat steps 3 thru 8
13. At the top-left with the header ‘theme locations’
‘SUB navigation menu’ click the pulldown arrow,> choose ‘secondMenu’.
10. click ‘save’-button.
I have created the menu already but when i move some tabs over in the “dotted” area for sub menus and click save they do not stay in that area, insted they end up as “main” menu items.
What theme do you use?
What plugins do you use?
i use the risen theme and the following are my plug ins
AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget
SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam
Select WordPress SEO
- The topic ‘Menu tabs not saving in proper locations(e.g. as drop down tabs)’ is closed to new replies.