[resolved] Menu Broken: Items disappearing/moving/changing type (9 posts)

  1. joerns
    Posted 4 years ago #


    I have created a Menu in the design section. In the beginning I didn't have any problems.
    Now I can add/move/edit Menu items as usual, but after saving, items (at the end of the menu) disappear, aren't child items any more or change type (from page to user defined).
    I think i updated wordpress since creating the menu, so this might be the reason?

    Thanks for your help!

  2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Have you tried:

    - deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).

    - switching to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.

    - resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.

  3. joerns
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Thanks, esmi.
    However I tried what you suggested and it's still the same.
    I also tried creating a completely new menu, but I get the same problems.
    Menu items moving and changing type.
    Perhaps some items in the wp_posts table are corrupt. I read that the Menus are also stored somewhere in there... I'l try to investigate that...

  4. Phil
    Posted 4 years ago #

    If your issue is that you can only ever have a maximum of x amount of menu items, this is a server issue.

    Get your host to enable/increase suhosin on the server and your problems will disappear!

    suhosin.post.max_vars = 5000
    suhosin.request.max_vars = 5000
  5. joerns
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Hmm, at the moment I can't change suhosin values. Anyway, would that explain that Menu items are changing their type?
    My menu isn't that large; And I also have Problems when submitting my menu with around 70 POST variables while suhosin.post.max_vars is at 200.

  6. Phil
    Posted 4 years ago #

    You can't change suhosin yourself and may need to contact the host. It may not be that causing the issue, but it's worth a try. :)

  7. joerns
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I know. But i remember having Problems with sorting Pages, too. I'll give it a try.

  8. joerns
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Setting the values to 5000 fixed it.
    Thanks everybody!

  9. AllTech
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I met same problem. I first increase to 2045 and it worked fine only for a few days. Moreover I could not use model templates too. Now settings are 5000 for both vars. It's fine. Hoping it would work for long time. Btw, I cannot save any settings with various SEO plugins (All in One, Meta SEO, High Performance SEO......). I tought it was same issue but in fact not. Still looking for solution.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic