I really hope you guys are able to help me here. My project is simple, and what I have to do is the following:
1. Set up a standard WP site, with pages, posts and such [DONE]
2. Set up a member area, with the following features:
– Members should log in to get to the site (hidden page)
– Members should be able to post something (a forum / wall will do)
This is basically where I’m at – and I’m having many difficulties in creating a member area. What I have done so far is:
http://www.eazyguide.dk/dialis (this is the WP test-site i’m working on)
– When users click “go to memberpage” or “login” they will have to login before they see the hidden page “members”. I created a page called “members”, which is supposed to have the forum/wall and other information on subpages.
PROBLEM: I have excluded the subpages from the head page “members” – however, I wish to show these submenus once the users have logged in and been redirected to the hidden head-page “members”
This i cannot find a solution for 🙁
Furthermore, I am wondering how I can keep the users (except the admin) our of the WP dashboard. I know about the roles of the users – my problem here is:
– If I set a user to “subscriber” so he/she can only read things, will that affect the ability for logged in members to post on a forum (if this forum E.G. is installed using a plugin) ?
Hope it made some sort of sense – if not please say so, and I will reply imidiately 🙂
In advance, thanks for your help!
- The topic ‘Member Area – Confused!’ is closed to new replies.