okay, I have an intermittent issue with the media uploader, Wp 2.9.2. The error I sometimes receive is
The uploaded file was only partially uploaded.
This happens within a post or when uploading via the media library.
My comments on the sticky post http://wordpress.org/support/topic/164999?replies=1
1) files uploaded correctly? I actually changed hosts to troubleshoot this. I did a fresh install of WP on the new host. I have the issue on the old and new host.
2) clear cache - yeah, I do that regularly. This has been an ongoing issue for me.
3) Flash Player version - WIN 10,0,45,2
4) media buttons display? Yes, dont have that issue.
5) Bad Behavior plugin? Nope, not here. All other plug-ins are at the latest versions.
6) mod_security causing problems? Nope, I did the .htaccess change as a suggested fix. The change had no effect. I removed the mod_security change because it didnt help
7) try a smaller image. NO. First of all, this isn't an acceptable fix. Regardless it doesn't change anything. I can sometimes upload the exact same file without issue, sometimes I cant.
8) If the upload works I get thumbnails.
9) default settings for the upload destination.
okay, now for some MORE information
The error message leads to investigation of memory issues. I was constrained at my previous host and couldn't up the memory. I made the switch to Media Temple and have 96MB allocated to php/WP. I have a memory monitoring plugin installed and I am using 24% of allocated.
My thought is its a poorly behaving plugin. I went through a process of trying to eliminate a plugin causing the issue. I disabled several plugins, had the issue, re-enabled those plugins, it worked again. I'm a few mins later it didn't work again.
I cannot reliably reproduce the issue. I cant reliably make it work, or not work. If my upload fails I can go out of the upload screen or post screen and back in and it then usually, not always, works again.
Where should I go from here?