i'm having a "http error" everytime i try to upload a image.
i dont know why is this happening, because it was working perfectly last week and then stopped. since then i upgraded my wp version, so it might be related with this, but im not sure. my wp version is now 3.5.1. (upgraded from 3.5)
i can upload small images (up to 100kb and/or up to 1000px wide), but sometimes images bigger than that just dont work. (i was able to upload a small (640x480) bmp image with about 1MB, but not a wide (3600x2800) jpg with only 600kb, which makes no sense at all).
when crashing the loading bar stops about 70%, sometimes more, the image gets uploaded only in full size (thumbs not generated) and the media editor cant find the image. It says that the requested media dont exist. still the file can be deleted from the media library.
i've been searching web for solutions and found almost nothing.
here is what i've already tried:
- uploads with diferent file sizes, formats and dimensions to check if it's compatibility-related - couldnt find a pattern to explain the error;
- edited .htaccess file to include
as it worked with some people, but not with me;
- checked upload and file size limits in php.ini (everything is fine there)
- disabled all plugins (problem persists);
- changed theme (twenty twelve has the same problem as well);
- reinstall wp 3.5.1 (nothing changed);
i've seen a lot of people with the same problem but just a few of them could get a proper solution. some solutions was related to plugins issues, or themes, or php config, but nothing i've tried worked. any ideas?