[Resolved] Media Says Uploading But No File Uploads Larger Than 1mb
I’ve been posting on rtcamp.com, however couldn’t today because of a database connection error so I came here.
The problem that I am having is that when uploading audio and video files larger than 1mb the plugin shows that it is uploading on the progress bar but once it finishes uploading, I would just get the message “Sorry, no music were found..” and no file actually uploaded. Actually it was not just audio and video, I decided to test uploading a photo larger than 1mb and the same thing happened. I read the information on the link rtcamp had provided about mime types, however it didn’t apply to me because I’m not using multi-site.
So, after doing some research, I came across posts that referrer validation and Flash runtime may be possibly conflicting, so I posted again on rtcamp a few days ago about that.
I decided to search for runtime in buddypress media, and found it in “BPMediaUploadScreen.php,” played with it and did more research. What I found out is that it seems to be a “chunk_size” related problem when using plupload. I decided to put a chunk size line in “BPMediaUploadScreen.php” and I switched around the runtime as “gears,flash,silverlight,html5,browserplus,html4.” I discovered that uploading works fine on larger files with the chunk size line included and the runtime switched some, but then it is only when using the Upload tab. After those changes, I still couldn’t upload more than 1mb from the photo and music tab, only from the Upload tab itself.
Another problem that occurred after making changes to the “BPMediaUploadScreen.php” is that once it finished uploading the file, the file was duplicating four times. It showed four times on the site and four files in the upload folder.
Please understand I do not wish or am I planning to keep the changes I made to “BPMediaUploadScreen.php,” but I was just trying to obtain as much information to provide you as I could to help solve the problem of media files not uploading more than 1mb.
This is where I am so far. I would love to get this solved as I am very interested in using Buddypress Media and purchasing some of the add-ons, but I would like to get this problem solved of not being able to upload more than 1mb because surely I can’t activate audio and video until users are able to upload more than 1mb.
Also keep in mind before resorting to looking in “BPMediaUploadScreen.php” I already tried the following:
1) I checked my php.ini settings and can verify that they are beyond what is required to upload for this plugin. I previously had it set on 1024M.
2) I have tried uploading using different themes and still get the same results. No file uploaded and the message saying “Sorry, no music were found.”
3) I can upload larger than 1mb fine from the wordpress admin dashboard under the media library as well as when uploading posts to the site.
4) Turned all plugins off except for Buddypress and Buddypress Media and still the same issue.
5) I also tested this on a separate domain with a fresh install and the same problem. No mp3 file or video files upload larger than 1mb.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Media Says Uploading But No File Uploads Larger Than 1mb’ is closed to new replies.