I’ve moved my site by doing the following:
1. downloaded database.
2. downloaded wp-content file
3. installed wordpress at new host
4. replaced wp-content with saved file
5. uploaded saved database to new install
I did not change domain names.
Everything worked but the Media area is screwed up.
The pictures show up in the Media area but they have the old URL.
Even if I change that to the correct one, they won’t show in the blog.
I’ve looked in the new host file and the photos are there, but this new install is not accessing them.
I’ve changed the Media upload file in both the blog interface and the PhpMyAdmin.
At the top of the Media file page in dashboard I also get these two messages:
1. Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/simpmcc6/public_html/jmacblog.com/wp-includes/query.php on line 2390
2. Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/simpmcc6/public_html/jmacblog.com/wp-includes/query.php on line 2399
The old server still has all the original files and database. I’m currently just pointing my domain to the new server/host.
I think that’s it. Any idea what is going on?
- The topic ‘Media files still have old URL file name at new server’ is closed to new replies.