McAffee Site Advisor
The McAffee Site Advisor does not recognize 404 HTTP headers when there is a WordPress installation.
This is how I know this:
– I have a virtual server where I host 10-15 web sites.
– I am able to get websites WITHOUT WP verified
– Websites with WP get the following McAfee error “It appears that the Web site sustainablemontreal.ca (or http://www.sustainablemontreal.ca) is returning an HTTP 2xx or 3xx status response code in the header of 404 pages. “
– These WP web sites all have proper 404 pages, ie. http://www.sustainablemontreal.ca/dsdf
So, there is definitely something inside of WordPress that causes Mcafee not to recognize the 404 HTTP header generated by the web server. Is WP using a 303 redirect first, before generating a 404 error???
Any help or workarounds would be greatly appreciated.
- The topic ‘McAffee Site Advisor’ is closed to new replies.