Have about 200 image files stored on self-hosted server, and need to “create” their media entries in WP so they show in the admin using some mass-update technique/plugin.
It is also important that the media file entries in WP reflect the Post they are attached to; not sure if WP does this automatically by looking in all posts and cross-referencing or otherwise. So if there is another way to do this please advise.
1. Plugin/process to mass-upload image files stored locally on server
2. Media entries created in WP admin
3. Media entries in WP admin to reflect the post they are attached to:
– They need to be setup with all relevant date etc. (including in the metadata table) as if they were manually inserted in each post
Alternatively, I am willing to export all posts, and then re-import them and have WP pickup the media files and re-insert them in WP DB and file system… But not sure how it will do that, or if possible.
- The topic ‘Mass Media Upload’ is closed to new replies.