[Resolved] Masking my WordPress Install Directory
I’ve installed V2.8 into a subdirectory called /wordpress instead of installing it in my root directory. I don’t want the end users to see the wordpress subdirectory name in the URLs. I’ve followed another techdoc, which I cannot locate, that directed me to perform the following steps in order to mask the URL to be my domain name.
These steps included:
1) Copy the index.php and .htaccess files to the root directory.
2) Change my index.php file as follows:
3) Go to General and update the ‘Blog address URL’ to my base URL.
4) Update my Permalink Setting to use the ‘Day and name’ format.
This works well for showing everything off my my URL, except for the login page, this still displays as – ./wordpress/wp-login.php
Are there any trick or tips that you could share with me that would let me mask the login directory (and any other you can think of) similar to how the home directory was masked above?
Thanks so much in advance,
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Masking my WordPress Install Directory’ is closed to new replies.