I’m finally upgrading all my single WordPress blogs to a Multisite setup under the same IP address on a Media Temple (gs) shared account. I’ve read WordPress MU Domain Mapping multiple times but I still don’t get how to map domain.com/example to example.com if all my domains records are pointing to the same IP address.
This is my current example.com domain configuration:
- *.example.com – A record: 18.104.22.168
- http://ftp.example.com – A record: 22.214.171.124
- mail.example.com – A record: 126.96.36.199
- example.com – A record: 188.8.131.52
- http://www.example.com – A record: 184.108.40.206
- example.com – MX record: 10 mail.example.com.
In my Super Admin > Domain mapping I wrote 220.127.116.11 on the Server IP Address field.
In Super Admin > Domains, I mapped my ID=3 blog (domain.com/example) to example.com, but it just redirects to the empty, blank example.com domain.
I know this is probably a very silly question, but unfortunately I don’t seem to understand the very logic behind this mapping phenomenon. Also, this is the third time I’m asking for help tonight, so I’m sorry for any inconvenience. Any suggestions on this?
- The topic ‘Mapping domains on the same server’ is closed to new replies.