Support » Plugin: Events Manager » Map Unavailable on Event Pages

  • I know this is a common error. Here’s what I’ve done to troubleshoot:

    • Everything is up to date.
    • Disabled all other plugins.
    • Switched to default 2016 theme.
    • Followed instructions here and triple-checked. Set API key to None for Restrictions. API key works fine with the theme (Divi) to display maps. Tried creating a new key.

    None of that worked. Here’s a staging site where you can see the issue with no other plugins active and the 2016 theme enabled. Please advise. Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • I would love an answer to this as well. We’ve got the plugin setup on several sites and will have to find an alternative if the maps won’t load.



    NetWebLogic Support

    This is not an API error. With API errors, the map will never – not even briefly.

    You have a number of JS errors showing, that’s almost certainly the problem. It seemed to me, though it may just be coincidence, that the map disappeared when the chat window appeared.

    It’s possible this is a conflict caused by your theme or another plugin. To check if it is, can you test with all other plugins deactivated and while running the default WordPress theme?

    Please see my original post. There are no console errors. I’m using the default WP theme and no plugins are active.

    This question has been open for over two weeks and zero progress has been made. Others are having the same issue and you haven’t provided any troubleshooting steps for anyone. You’ve asked us to disable plugins/themes several times despite my having done that already and stating as much in the original post.

    I’ve gone to a lot of effort, including the creation of a staging site, to help resolve this issue. I think we’d all appreciate a little more effort on your part.

    I’ve also this problem. I’ve deleted all refferers in the api-key once. Now at least the map was displayed – no more “Oops…”. Maybe you can also try it. This makes it possible to rule out an error in the Refferers. After that I tried again refferers. It works now, if I only the domain name enter without “http: //” without slashes and without stars. But no addresses are found in all configurations. The card remains blue. When creating the api-key I’ve activated all 3 libraries. I tried it on the site with additional arguments for the coordinates – all to no avail. The console displays: Google Maps API warning: RetiredVersion util.js (210,12). But this warning is supposed to cause no problems.
    Who can help?

    Here you can see how my maps look:

    Plugin Author Marcus


    NetWebLogic Support

    Hi Everyone,

    Unfortunately, Google has not made things easy for anyone with the new requirement for an API key. 99% of the cases is due to this not being set up correctly.

    The retired version warning should not prevent the map from working and is something we’ll fix in the next update. For example, I see a working map for you @marwo, but for @callerpatty you have an API settings issue which would be fixed by trying something like @marwo suggested in the reply above mine:

    Google Maps API error: ExpiredKeyMapError

    This is definitely a problem with the API keys, and the only other reason you may be experiencing this issue is because you may have another plugin or theme installed which loads the Google Maps library before we do and don’t request an API Key or you’ve supplied a bad/expired API key to that theme/plugin setting.

    @sc456a I’ve subscribed to this issue and will keep an eye on it. If you’ve tested out the API key instructions and removed referrer restrictions and it STILL doesn’t work (as you say is the case), please post a link to your page again and I’ll take a look.

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.