I am a total beginner with wordpress, php and mysql.
I followed the instructions for a manual install on the wordpress and godaddy websites and have created the following:
1. mysql database with an existing database name, username, hostname
2. I then ftp’d the wordpress folder with the edited wp-config from the sample over to my domain
3. i ran install.php and successfully obtained the “admin” username and gibberish password
4. i am able to arrive at the “General Settings” page
5. here’s the problem: whenever i click on any other link on the General Settings page, I get the following error on a new page:
“The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:
1. You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.
2. The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.
3. The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.”
Can anyone offer any assistance, please?
- The topic ‘Manual Install on Godaddy hosting’ is closed to new replies.