I manage this domains:
Both domains have the same theme and same plugins and are running in a shared hosting plan (Hostgator). But the first is affected by a malware that shows content from “reg.ru”.
I’ve tried to fix the problem of the first domain doing the following:
- Deactivating all plugins
- Deactivating the theme (it works!)
- Replacing the theme from the 2nd domain to the 1st domain
- Cleaning the cache
- Searched the word “reg.ru” in the database and hosting files (nothing found)
- Installed and run this plugin with a complete scan
But is still showing the malware message 🙁 The only thing that “fix” the problem is selecting another theme. But I’ve copied and pasted the theme from “foreheadcomedy.com” (with no problems) and, when I replace on “desahogada.com”, it continues showing the malware message.
I don’t know what else can I do :S
Can someone help me?
Thank you so much!
- The topic ‘[Malware?] Can't remove "reg.ru" malware’ is closed to new replies.