I'm very new to wordpress and have developed a website in http://www.scissorsafe.co.uk/wordpress. I log on via http://www.scissorsafe.co.uk/wordpress/wp-admin. In the next few days, I'm looking to put the site live so it's accessible via http://www.scissorsafe.co.uk. In order for me to do this, I'm going to follow the instructions here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress and more specifically, the 'On your existing server' section. However, before I start this I've got a few questions if somebody could be so kind to answer.
1. Am I right in following the instructions linked above and more specifically the 'On your existing server' section?
2. When I move the wordpress files over from http://www.domain.com/wordpress to http://www.domainname.com, should I be copying them or moving them?
3. Should I copy/move (depending on the answer above) every single file and folder in the subdirectory, or just certain ones - if so, which ones?
4. All my links to pages point to http://www.domain.com/wordpress/filename. What do I do about this, is there a quick way for them to point at the new file location: http://www.domain.com/filename?
5. After the site is moved and pointing to http://www.domain.com, after that point where do I login to admin? Would it be the same page as before http://www.scissorsafe.co.uk/wordpress/wp-admin, or would it now be http://www.scissorsafe.co.uk/wp-admin? If it will be as it currently is, will any updates I make, only refelect the content stored in http://www.scissorsafe.co.uk/wordpress? It's this point I'm particularly baffled with, so a dumbed down answer would be really useless. Ideally, I'd like amendments to the site from that point to be reflected straight into the root domain.
Looking for a swift reply and a massive thank you to all that help the idiot that is me.