I created a (now defunct) WordPress site about 1.5 years ago – at the time, I stumbled around but due to the intuitive nature of WordPress, I got it to work!
Now, my partner and I have a new idea and are about to create a brand new site. We want to be more strategic in our creation and have been reading up on WordPress for Dummies and even some HTML. Even so, we are still very much newbie/novices (but wanting to learn)!
The site we would like to build needs to include blogs (with photos), paid and free membership levels, forums, digital download/retail, possibly physical retail. We are fine with paying for plugins, themes, etc. – but don’t want to break the bank with custom.
We have been researching shopping carts and would really like to use Premium Webcart (and it should handle the membership level piece for us).
Some questions we are hoping you can help us with so that we make good choices from the onset when setting things up:
1. If we use Premium Webcart, how do we know what themes work best with it? Do you have any recommendations for themes (or theme sources) that would be compatible with PWC?
2. We read there is a plugin to make premium Webcart work with WP. We did not find it in our plugin search though? Thoughts?
3. If we need to customize our theme or site, does Dreamweaver work? Does it make it easy to customize with minimal code knowledge? We have access to a copy.
4. Is there integration with Quick Books for accounting and tax purposes? (We already know QB). If not, what do people use? What are alternatives? We are hoping to have 100’s of monthly auto-pay subscribers – would be nice to automate for tax purposes.
5. What plugin do you recommend as best for adding forums (haven’t researched this aspect yet)?
If you can answer one question or all, we appreciate your thoughts.
- The topic ‘Making good 1st choices? Q's re Premium Webcart, themes, dreamweaver, quickbooks’ is closed to new replies.