I am trying to use the Oxygen theme like a complete static website. I really love the 'magazine' style of the theme with the big pictures etc.
The website where I can use some help with is bawa.byethost32.com
I am making this website for a friend and don't get any money for it. It is just for fun because I would like to find out how WordPress works. Sorry if I make any mistakes in my English.
The things I want to change to make it a good static website:
1. Remove date, author and category from posts (or link the 'featured images' of the front page to pages, but don't think this is possible). I used this plugin: the date exclusion SEO (http://bluecowhosting.com/blog/wordpress-plugins/date-exclusion-seo-plugin/). This one worked, but left the author and category. Right now I deactivated the plugin again) Is there a way to remove this line completely and make it look like a real page? I don't mind making a post and a page that looks to be the same, the text won't change that much because it is a static website.
2. Is it possible to remove 'recent articles' and 'more articles' on the front page? I tried to figure this out in the other posts on this forum, but they tell me to make a child theme in my wordpress folder on my computer, but I don't have the wordpress folder on my computer (probably because this is not the computer I started on?) Do I need to download wordpress on this computer and will I get the oxygen theme folder on this computer (i downloaded this theme true the wp-admin dashboard).
3. Is it possible to remove the 'comments are closed...... ' from the posts? Same as 2. found it a couple of times, but need the child theme solution.
4. Is it possible to remove the --> 'text' and <-- 'text' under the posts? I will not use it if I use them like a page instead of a post.
5. Last thing I want to delete the date from the featured slider, but I found that a couple of times at this fora too, only the child theme problem again.