At first I thought I was only having problems with the style of my sidebar tag cloud. In reality:
* Dashboard dropdowns for Help and Screen Options don’t work
* TinyMCE doesn’t work (no buttons visible, no option to toggle visual/html)
* Can not add or edit tags
* Can not edit publication date (it actually gets stuck at the time the draft was created) or visibility (private/public)
This holds true even when I’m using default theme and no active plugins.
I am having the same problem with my wordpress sites. Actually, seeing the same problems as described above and in this post, not only on a brand new fresh install of 2.9.2 with no plugins (note this install was done from a download of 2.9.2 from wordpress, not from my server), but on all sites updated to 2.9.2 and on a site that is still on 2.8.4.
Namely, the problems I have seen so far are:
1. writing or editing a post gives me white-on-white text in the edit box
2. tinymce is missing from the top of the edit box
3. the visual and html links on the post/page edit box don’t work
4. the unfoldmenu links on the sidebar do not work
5. the quick edit link below the edit post box does not work
6. the screen options and help dropdowns don’t work
7. the status and publish date links don’t work
Sounds like some ajax issues possibly.
You may want to try to add
to your wp-config.php file.
Thanks, esmi. I did try all of your suggestions previously. rfair’s suggestion hit on the problem. Looks to be fixed now. Thanks so much.
Now all I need to do is solve my sidebar style issues… 🙂
Thanks, that did do the trick. I added the line on one of my sites, and everything worked properly.
I also found out though, that the problems went away on all of my other sites when Magic Quotes was turned off on the server. So if anybody else is having the same problem, try turning off Magic Quotes.
- The topic ‘Major problems with update’ is closed to new replies.