I am really hoping someone can help me here. I am working on a website for a client (www.lenaweecommunityfoundation.com) and for the last 3 days I have been trying to find the resolution. Each time I get down the list of menu items I try adding more to the “Donors” section the page goes directly to an error. Depending on which browser I am using it could say: Mozilla “Document Expired This Document is No Longer Available” or in Opera “Connection Closed by Remote Server”, it does this with every browser
I have tried all of these without any type of success:
- Deactivating Custom Theme and Reverting back to 20-10
- Deactivating & then Deleting all Widgets
- Re-Installing WordPress 3.3.1
- Adjusted my PHP5.ini file for max size limits and created a new one in my Root folder
- I have tried adding suhosin.post.max_vars = 5000 & suhosin.request.max_vars = 5000 to my PHP5.ini file, but I don’t know if I placed it in the right place
- I have tried reinstalling the complete Theme
- Using different browsers
I have also read the ticket: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14134 from what I read there the only fix is the Suhosin fix. However I believe I have tried that with little success. Short of that there really isn’t any fixes.
I have tried what I have read to be everything about this issue and I am not finding any type of resolution. My server is Godaddy.com and yes… I know not many people like them, but if we can get past that for just a moment, I would greatly appreciate it.
Right now there are about 70 Menu items that are currently working and normally anything past that typically gives me the issue.
Looks to be the magic number is somewhere near 75?
I also tried to up the memory in the wp-config code as well, with no luck.
70 menu items is really pushing it! Putting aside the server issues (and most servers are going to struggle with that may items), most visitors won’t be able to deal with such a huge menu. what you really need to do is to break this monster down into multiple, more manageable, menus.
I am having the same problem, though not until around 90 menu items.
I don’t think a blanket statement of too many menu items for a user can be made. If you look at my site http://runningvillage.com I don’t think you’ll find the menu structure to be overwhelming.
What is the technical limitation of the number of menu items and how do we get around it?
- The topic ‘Main Navigation Not Saving, Resets or Connection Errors’ is closed to new replies.