I wanted to set eCommerce site and first tested woocommerce. There were heavy issues with widgets and many other things but in the end, there was no possibility to correctly checkout the order and woo support stuff was unable to help (although they tried, they were given access to the site - without result).
So I implemented Jigoshop and it turned out to be better looking, smoothly working version of woocommerce. However new issues showed up here...
1. Side widgets areas are in 90% cases showed underneath the site, as if they were footer areas. When I turn off Jigioshop, widgets go back to their proper place, with Jigoshop they move down. Only few themes showed widgets where they should be, other tested themes (over dozens of themes) showed either footer placement (as described above) or widgets were in places they don't suppose to be (widget areas didn't match graphics of widget areas placement for the given theme). Actually widget problems seem to be consistent no matter which shop plugin I would test, although I test it always on fresh and empty WP installments, on many various themes. With each theme there are new problems, but many serious ones still persists in all of them.
2. Prices are rounded down. If something costs 0,86 price shown is... 0. If something costs 3,87, price shown is 3.... Note that in settings I have 2 decimal places set, so the price correctly shows 0,00 or 3,00. So that's not the issue.
3. Tax. There is no normal settings for tax. All prices shown as treated as without tax witch is not normal. I never saw a shop with prices without tax, at least not in my country. It would not fly. You always have a tax that must be payed and included in price. So far I got some ridiculous settings where either all prices are tax free or when taxed, only in checkout there is tax added at the end. Moreover, when I mark "catalog prices include tax" - which supposedly should give me result I want - prices with tax, in checkout prices are incorrectly lowered to some not mathematically possible numbers. I set a tax as 23% and yet 3,00 price is lessened to 2,44. So first the price itself is incorrect (3 instead 3,87) then price without tax is wrong. I just want to have all prices be counted with tax as in every normal internet shop in out country. No tax added on the end. EVERY SINGULAR PRICE IS WITH TAX. What wonders me, Jigoshop has much better polish language integration then woocommerce, as if jigoshop was suited for Poland, yet tax settings seem to make it completely useless. Woocommerce showed taxes properly on the other hand...
4. I can't get over attributes. I add for example color white and silver, fill all necessary blanks in variation subtab and yet in frontend color white is grayed out and not possible to choose. It is visible but I can only choose silver color... I deleted items, made variations once again with the same result.
5. On demo version there are much more options and tabs available. Is this an extended version or what? I didn't see any info that jigoshop installment is void of some core functions. Demo should present vanilla installment, at least it's what I think. Is there something wrong with my jigoshop?
It's so confusing and so frustrating. There are so many shops working on woo or jigo and yet I can't get pass either of them. No matter what theme, what other settings I have, there are always some bugs that make it completely useless. What gives? Is it somehow my WP network corrupted? I have no way of knowing, everything is in order, I never messed with it and yet plugins rarely work as promised. Any plugins.