Suddenly 4 pages disappeared from my WordPress. The pages are gone from the front-end and also from the back-end page listing.
The strange thing is that the number of pages at the top of the back-end page listing is correct. It says 21 pages but if I count hem I get 17 pages. One of the lost pages has a child which now shows an error because it's parent is gone.
If I check out myphp admin the pages are still there so I would say there is a conflict between the database and WordPress. However all tables of the database are ok and I even repaired them.
I allready tried:
- print_r all pages - The are not there
- repair tables in database - No solution there
- Check for back-end pagination of the page list - not happening
- I checked the trash - not there
- The database entries are set to publish
Anybody An idea?