Support » Fixing WordPress » Losing html codes and punctuation when posting with clients

  • Click here for example

    I get a very strange effect when posting with clients such as ScribeFire and w.blogger … all the < > & and sometimes ” marks get stripped out, leaving me with some seriously messy gibberish…

    I thought I might need to upgrade WordPress so I did that, it’s 2.6.3 now, still having the same problem. The client sends off perfectly fine formatted html code, and it ends up as a mess on the blog.

    I’m using the lastest version of ScribeFire (3.1.3) and the latest version of w.blogger (it is old, I could understand if something’s changed since 2007 to make it incompatible now) …

    I can post using WordPress’s internal editor (in fact, I have to use it to re-do my html every time) and that works fine.

    Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I’m having the same problem. WordPress 2.7 (at home) and scribefire (over xmlrpc i believe). Same problem when trying to post to blog from flickr, from iphone…. my server is a mac running leopard, so it’s not the fedora bug others are noticing


    Sorry I’ve removed the “example” posts … couldn’t leave the ugly stuff on my site indefinitely…

    I’ve meanwhile upgraded to WordPress 2.7 as well, still having the same problem. My web host denies any problem on their side… they’re running linux, but I can’t determine which distro exactly.

    I’m having this issue…. new with 2.7 with both Livewriter and my own link posting script using XMLRPC — things were fine with 2.6!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Losing html codes and punctuation when posting with clients’ is closed to new replies.