Looking for Very Specific Calendar Plugin
Hi! I’m putting together a new website for my church, and I’m using WordPress as CMS. I need a calendar and events posting, and was hoping someone could help me either track down a plugin or get some tips on writing my own code! I have a workaround for now, but I’d love some of the steps automated.
Here’s what I’ve got in mind functionality-wise:
- Need forms in the admin panel to fill in Event name, Date & Time, Location (if any), and a brief Description.
- Need this to generate a post, with categories/tags selected from the form.
- Need repeating event functionality.
- Also need month-viewed calendar functionality.
I’m using Google Calendar for the church’s web-calendar, which has all the needed fields of information. Maybe there’s a way to parse the GCal XML feed into what I’m looking for?
Right now I’m writing events as posts, publishing a month prior to the date (so they’re ordered correctly). I added in some expiration code using a custom field to get posts to hide after they’re over. I update the GCal seperately. It’s more hassle than necessary, and I need to be able to hand this off to non-techies eventually.
It seems like WordPress should be more than capable of parsing posts and a calendar out of some custom fields, or parse posts out of GCal’s XML. I just don’t know how to do it!
Thanks for any help you can offer.
- The topic ‘Looking for Very Specific Calendar Plugin’ is closed to new replies.