Looking for suggestions / ideas for photo gallery for client with many members
Hello everybody, I am hoping the community can offer some suggestions to me. A client of mine (elementary school) is having their site redesigned. One of there biggest complaints about their current WordPress site is teachers have a difficult time adding new photos. They have made it clear that photos should be a top priority for the new site.
I currently have them setup with NextGen Gallery, but they find it difficult. Reason for NextGen was to allow them to have a gallery page but they could also insert galleries into blog posts. They found the plugin to be confusing though.
They also say that it is too slow, though I assume that is because the photos are coming direct from the camera without being resized since they don’t have Photoshop (or understand it).
They want all the teachers (15+) to add photos on a regular basis, so it needs to be as easy as possible.
I have thought about maybe using flickr or picasa along with a plugin.
Was hoping someone might have a suggestion for the easiest way of tackling this. The people doing this are definitely beginners, so it needs to be simple.
To sum up what I am looking for:
– Easy way to have clients add photos to site.
– Am fine with it only working with posts, I can make a gallery page based on a category slug.
– Anyway of having photos resized to speed up upload?
– Should I use Flickr or picasa and if so, can you suggest a plugin?
This community has helped me a ton over the last few years and I appreciated any help I can get on this matter.
- The topic ‘Looking for suggestions / ideas for photo gallery for client with many members’ is closed to new replies.